Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here shot the new Taurus 1911? If so, how do you like it and how does it compare to some other 1911's? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I asked some what the same question a month or so ago and the responses I recieved let me not to purchase the pistol If you want you can look at the forum i posted

G

·
I only own 1 Taurus. Its a 605 in which I think highly of. That said, if I were going to spend good $$$ on a 1911 it would not be a Taurus.

I would save a few more clams and get a Springfield or Colt. I'm sure however much you shot it, it would out last you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I had to get a 1911 and I decided to go with Smith and Wesson. I have put hundreds of rounds through it with any problem. My next 1911 will be a Colt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
whoever hasn't shot one is missing out, it can't be beat for the money. Yes you can get a different name brand for about 3-400 more, but why? I don't own but have access to about ten different brands of 1911 and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, whereas I would never spend my money on a colt at twice the price. I can shoot the same groups with either so why pay more?

·
Registered
606 Posts
The drawback to a Taurus, at least in years gone by, was poor quality control. There were good ones, and there were bad ones.... way too many bad ones.

They may have improved, but they left such a bad taste in my mouth that I won't even consider them.

Last year, "Gun Tests" magazine had a Taurus revolver that wouldn't even fire... it had to be returned and repaired before they could test it. Based on that, I'd venture a guess that it's still a hit-or-miss deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had three in the past year with all good luck, maybe I'm just lucky when it comes to them. One 1911 one 24/7 and a millenium pro, all nice and shot well. Good gun for a man on a budget IMHO

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a PT1911 about a year ago. Have shot about 600 rounds through it. I have found it to be a very accurate and reliable firearm. I do have other 45s from Colt and Springfield also and was issued my first 1911A1 50 years ago so I've been around them for awhile. I have no problem recommending the PT1911. Now the finish is not the best seems to wear quickly, but fit and function are excellent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reacher said:
Has anyone here shot the new Taurus 1911? If so, how do you like it and how does it compare to some other 1911's? Thanks in advance.
I bought a pt1911 awhile back in SS. I love it. It shoots well , trigger is good , no ftf or fte with reloads or anything else 400 rnds. Fun to shoot and accurate. I own three taurus pt1911 45 , pt111 Millineum pro SS 9mm, and a pt92 9mm in SS. All are excelent weapons. Do what feels good all brands have Their problems and good points even the high end models.

Happy with mine

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been shooting 1911's since 1972. I have a Taurus PT-1911 that I have already modded with an STi trigger and a set of Leopardwood grips. I especially like the Heine straight 8 sights.

I've completely stripped it down on several occasions and inspected the parts. It is a high quality, accurate, and well made 1911 with quality parts and has details that usually cost you considerably more. I remember a visit to a gun shop outside Fort Bragg where I saw my first PT-1911. I asked about it and the shop owner said the day before a customer came in to pick up his custom Kimber ($1400 shop owner said) and saw the Taurus. Since he was firing the Kimber, he asked to shoot the PT-1911 too. Well, to make a long story short. He left the shop pretty ticked off and with a new PT-1911.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day

I bought this pt1911 as in posted above. I now have close to 900 rounds through it and like it more every time I shoot it. No problems-O ,nota, none.
I can shoot a 3" group allday long at 15 yards and and at 7 It will shoot a 8 rnd hole that can be covered with a 50cent piece. I had to learn how to do that though as the damn thing would not do that when I first got it. Practice practice oh yes and more practice
:lol:

I would not recomend it to anyone nor any otherweapon. Personal choice but I sure like mine!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a PT1911AR and love it. Very accurate right out of the box, shot a 2" group at 25ft on my first box of ammo. I did put the Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves on it, and that makes a world of difference. Great weapon, well made. I have shot S&W and Para Ordinance models, and they were not any better. I can't speak about Kimbers or Sigs, as I have not shot them, but I don't regret buying this one. I respect Sig a great deal, and I have a P226 which I love, but I couldn't justify the expense for one of their 1911's, even though they look to be very well made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i love the new pt 1911. yes im sure there has been some problems with some of the Taurus handguns but tell me which version of the 1911 has yet to have them? im acutally about to purchace one myself. i shoot my buddies all the time and i love it. he has had his for almost 4 years and has shot many rounds through it and hasnt had a problem out of it. i would recommend the Taurus to anyone...novice or pro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: re: Taurus 1911

GreenWolf70 said:
I've been shooting 1911's since 1972. I have a Taurus PT-1911 that I have already modded with an STi trigger and a set of Leopardwood grips. I especially like the Heine straight 8 sights.

I've completely stripped it down on several occasions and inspected the parts. It is a high quality, accurate, and well made 1911 with quality parts and has details that usually cost you considerably more. I remember a visit to a gun shop outside Fort Bragg where I saw my first PT-1911. I asked about it and the shop owner said the day before a customer came in to pick up his custom Kimber ($1400 shop owner said) and saw the Taurus. Since he was firing the Kimber, he asked to shoot the PT-1911 too. Well, to make a long story short. He left the shop pretty ticked off and with a new PT-1911.
Just got my PT1911 Stainless last week and love it. Its my first 1911 and I'm glad I got it. It shoots great! I put hundreds of rounds through it since Thursday and I wanted to take it down completely.

My problem is the Ambi Thumb Safety. My pistolsmithing book uses a Colt Series 80 Commander which has a single thumb safety and I cant get passed it.

Could you or anyone who know how please share the steps to take down the frame? It would be much appreciated.

Mack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts