Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, and as usual in searching for a problem with my 92 Taurus it has lead me here. The issue with my Taurus has really kicked my butt. The pistol has a DAO hammer spring replacing the factory spring and the moving parts have been polished. Nothing has been done to the hammer-sear contact areas. This is a very simple pistol to take apart and I have hunted for the problem several times with no luck. Now I did fall off the turnip truck, but it wasn't last night,so go easy on the assembly "what ifs". It is possibly I did something wrong but I am 99% sure there in nothing wrong in that area..... Here is the problem, sometimes when the pistol is fired the hammer will follow the slide back to its resting position (hammer down) but will still fire double action. I can rack the slide all day long and cannot duplicate this problem, it only happens when fired and even then only three or four times out of thirty. This pistol is extremly accurate, maybe even more so than my glock 35, but I can't use it in a match because of its failure to function. THanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.