Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got me a "NEW" PT140 a couple months ago. Boy I was so happy to be the proud owner of this great looking conceling handgun. I waited more than a month to test it. Finally when I got to the range, from the very first shoot this sucker jammed on me. I said, OK, lets try it again. Jam after jam. Boy I was so embarrass. I looked around at what the others were firing and they all had Springfield, Glocks, SigS. And of course I was the only one with this lemon. I reached for my bag for the other mag and I had left it back home. So I returned the next day with the other mag and the 2 types of ammo I've been using (magtech and windchester) and and guess what...more jams. Its been almost 2 months and Taurus still has my PT140. I think to myself, how long does it takes to test a pistol? Or do they have so many returns that they can't handle? Thank god I did not encounter a situation were I would have to protect myself or family.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have a PT111 9mm and a 24/7 45ACP and both have worked flawlessly since day 1. I have also heard that Taurus is a little slow in the service department but they make up for it in how they handle these types of situations.It's easy for be to say be patient (and I know how you feel) but Taurus will definitely take care of you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a pt1911 ss, a pt111 ss and a pt92 ss. I have put a lot of rounds through all of them with no more than normal problems and few of those.As a matter of fact I can only recall one problem and that was with a blue pt1911 that misfired sometimes. Easy to fix but I wanted a ss model so i took it back got my full price back and bought a ss pt1911. I really like it to. 900 rnds and no problems at all.
I don't know of their warranty but if they have a problem it can probably be repaired at home. I usually don,t send much back to a factory. Takes to long to get stuff back.

But thats just me
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
stay away from the Magteg ammo its junk, i had problem with .38 special ammo, the bullets were not crimped right and were moving forward at every shot causing the revolver drum to get stuck. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts