Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting my little brother a pistol for his 21st brithday. He loves my S&W1911PD and wants one like it but i am not spending $1,000.00 on his birthday present. I was looking into the PT1911 and it looks like a good pistol and the articles i have read lean towards a good buy, but I would like your opinions. Is it a good buy for the price? $500.00

·
Registered
112 Posts
My sense is that it's a great buy for the price; however, I've only examined one--haven't spent any time shooting one. Read several reviews in gun mags that are universal in their praise for this line of pistols. Whatever you decide you're a helluva nice brother...wanna take on another one? :lol:

Thanks for your service, Airborne. You stay safe out there...ya hear?!?

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you like your little brother, no. It's a Taurus, and Taurus = crap. A low end Springfield is a better gun than South American garbage. Their quality control is spotty at best, and their Customer Service is really bad. "Lifetime Waranty" means you can keep sending it back forever. Maybe someday they will fix the problem. Maybe not. They don't really seem to care. Plus, it costs you at least $20 to $25 each time you send it in.

Gee, does it sound like I've had problems with Taurus?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here we go :roll: Well Bill, you are such the authority. Just not a good one. This is a great gun that has many extras like a comp trigger , opened ejection port, etc. they are smooth and tight. Taurus has been around for a long time and I have had several guns by them that I haven't had any problems with. The lifetime warrentee sp. is an industry first . The only one I know of in the gun industry. So please enlighten us.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: re: Taurus PT1911

8pointduck said:
Here we go :roll: Well Bill, you are such the authority. Just not a good one. This is a great gun that has many extras like a comp trigger , opened ejection port, etc. they are smooth and tight. Taurus has been around for a long time and I have had several guns by them that I haven't had any problems with. The lifetime warrentee sp. is an industry first . The only one I know of in the gun industry. So please enlighten us.
Gosh 8point, I don't know how to make it much easier. Buy crap, get crap. Taurus = crap.

·
Registered
606 Posts

Roadkill Bill said:
..... A low end Springfield is a better gun than South American garbage.....
I agree that the quality control at Taurus is poor at best. If you get a good one, you get a good one.... but there are way too many bad ones out there. My recommendation, too, would be to get a SA and avoid a Taurus.

However, I have a beef with the above statement regarding South America.... the entry level Springfield Armory 1911s are ALL made in Brazil. The difference is inspection and quality control.

·
Registered
297 Posts
8pointduck;

Sorry if I came on too strong. I didn't mean anything personally against you. I have had really bad dealings with Taurus, both with their product and their customer service. This forum is Pistol Opinions, and my opinion regarding Taurus is pretty darn bad, based on my experience. If yours has been good, I'm really glad.

Again, sorry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I thank you for all the input and what not. I will look into Springfield a little. I guess my father already bought his a S&W .40 cause it was on sale. That nice of him, I just got a 1/5 of Jack for my birthday.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Magilla82ABN said:
I just got a 1/5 of Jack for my birthday.
As an older brother I know exactly what you're talking about . . . .the younger brother always seems to get the good stuff, don't they? Later curfews, more liberties, get away with stuff we would have got hung for, better birthday presents :evil: I tell mine all the time that he had it so good because I broke them in for him :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.