Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a general debate that if is necessary at all. My personal feeling is that, these cabinets are beautiful piece of artwork that keeps our guns safe from multiple threats. Do you agree?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Only if the "cabinet" is solid steel with a combination lock, fire resistant, weighs several hundred pounds, and is bolted to the frame of the house. Most of us would call it a "gun safe".

If it's a nicely finished piece of wood funiture with glass doors to show off the contents, it ain't doin' squat to, as you phrased it, "....keep our guns safe from multiple threats....".

·
Registered
231 Posts
I always enjoyed looking at a fine piece of furniture with engraved glass doors protecting beautiful walnut and blue steel firearms! They put your guns on display for all to view but none could touch without the key!

However, in the world today if your gun cabinet is not in a vaulted room they will not protect your firearms!!

Get a gun safe..........a big one!

AH HA..............I clicked on your link............the light came on............you are SELLING "gun cabinets"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How tacky :roll:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Road Rat said:
AH HA..............I clicked on your link............the light came on............you are SELLING "gun cabinets"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How tacky :roll:
Yeah - that's pretty tacky ...

Wooden cabinets with glass doors just show off the contents to the outside world. Call me paranoid, but I don't want the guy that comes to install carpet or fix the cable eyeballing (read casing) my guns. They stop the curious touching issues of kids and like minded adults but offer no protection from theft, fire, or water. A quality one is nice to look at though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for some recommendations on gun safes. I'm one rifle away from having outgrown my current one. I'm not so much looking for a bigger safe, but just another smaller one. (10-14 gun or so)

I can't buy a big one; I'd never be able to get anything bigger than a 14-gun safe into my house.

What is the most secure and well-built safe under $500? Under $1,000? Over $1,000?

I'm more concerned with theft prevention than fire protection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.