Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
As James stated I have been running tests for a while now on different bullets both jacketed and hardcast starting with the 357 too also include 44 special/mag and 45Colt as time allows. James and I designed several styles of bullets in each caliber awhile back and it is way past due too see how they will compare to other styles. We have ran penetration tests in the past with the old standard milk jugs in a row but it is not a test I was satisfied with. I'm now using ballistic clay too study wound channel and cavity and will be taking pictures and data to display on the forum in the future. As James said the new jacketed bullets are a far cry from those afew years back and though I prefer cast, some of the newer jacketed bullets really are good!

· Registered
11 Posts
Paul F. said:
If it's bigger than a .45Lc... I don't want it in a handgun. I could never get off Number Two. I wanted to know about .454 because I intend to get a Marlin lever in that cal. :wink:
I'm not sure Paul F, but unless something has changed Marlin doesn't produce a rifle in 454 Casull. I have a Marlin 94 in 45 Colt and I think possibly some folks have built 454 on the Marlin but I don't beleive I would want to chance that amount of pressure in the little Marlin. Rossi makes a copy of the Win 92 in 454 though! I get about 1600fps out of 315gr bullets out of my Marlin.

· Registered
11 Posts
Paul F.
If you really want to find out if the Marlin is capable of handling the 454, get ahold of Mic McPherson at www.levergun.com and he will let you know! This is probably one of the best authorities on Marlin rifles and he is a very nice gentleman!
To tell you the truth my Marlin in 45 Colt is more then enough for anything I'm likely to run into.

Best,

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm trying to figure out this posting pictures, not very good with computers!! This is a Colt NF in 44 special with a 5.5" barrel. I modified the grip frame to the keith #5 style and the wood is stabalized double dyed red/black boxelder, very hard and weather resistaint! This might not be the area on the forum too post pictures, sorry if it is not. Will try too post other projects later. Thanks TexNekkid for the info on posting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.