Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
585 Posts
If it's bigger than a .45Lc... I don't want it in a handgun. I could never get off Number Two. I wanted to know about .454 because I intend to get a Marlin lever in that cal. :wink:

· Registered
585 Posts
Dog... thanks for the advice. Sounds reasonable to me.

I will stick to the .45LC on the hip... and a .454 rifle. My wrists are smaller than my pec... well, you know. :wink: On the plus side, I can shoot the .45LC in the rifle, as well. :D

· Registered
585 Posts
John... someone on another board had recommended it and I was beginning to wonder why I couldn't find one on GunsAmerica or GunBroker. :shock:

I like the looks of the long barrel .45Lc or 47/70, though! :wink:

· Registered
585 Posts
I went back and re-read his post. He said, ".450 Marlin."

I'm going with the .45/70:

If the short barrel is a problem... I'll send it about 10 miles up the road to MagnaPort. :wink: I think, for what I want it for, the gun should do well. I also try to find a laminate stock or something else more weather/river/rock friendly.

· Registered
585 Posts
Yep. When playing with bears or moose, one should be ready to fire and capable of handling their weapon. After all, it may take more than one shot and not being able to handle or control the weapon is a real liability. I like the .45-70 and have shot mine many, many times at both targets and animals. My concern with this is the barrel length and Magnaport, if necessary, will handle that. Above .45-70, I am not confident of my ability to withstand the recoil and will not go there without an opportunity to shoot the bigger bore guns. Besides, on this continent, with what I hunt, I can find no reason to change. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.