Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It is roughly the size of a S&W N frame. I only know the little that I have been able to google. They were made in the early 70's, Most commonly seen as a 4" barrel version. Distributed by EMF. An experimental production technique was used, casting the frame and barrel out of a single piece of stainless. Not commercially successful. I'm curious about it's value since people have asked if I'd sell it and I don't have a clue about it's value.
Thanks for whatever help you can give me on this.

· Registered
606 Posts
"Thermodynamic Systems" is not listed in the Blue Book. EMF is listed as an importer/distributor, but the only revolvers listed are reproductions of 19th century oldies. No modern .357 Wheelguns listed.

????? Must be a pretty rare duck. Got me.

· Registered
231 Posts
gravale said:
I just got a 4" from an old guissard. . After cleaning it a little it was confused by friends as a Rossi, but I know better. Did you ever found a value for it?

Did you think about creating your very own posting instead of digging up one that was over two years old?

What is a "guissard" and how does it relate to the "Thermodynamics Systems" question in the original posting?

· Registered
1 Posts
The 1976 LAW ENFORCEMENT HANDGUN DIGEST by Dean A. Grennell has a multiple page article on this weapon. I fired one on a test range back then and was quite impressed with the accuracy and build. I've no idea about how well the revolver held up through the years and have no idea about the value. I know it was produced with a wax cast (investment) system, which was novel at the time. I remember the weapon felt and handled very much like a Colt Python.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have 2 of them and like them. They arent well regarded and worth only in the 3-400 dollar range but I dont care. The frame and barrel are all machined from a solid casting.....finishing is a tad rough here and there (grind/file marks, etc) but neat to me nonetheless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.