Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm offering for sale a Ruger Blackhawk 3-Screw Single Action Revolver. I believe it's a 1968 gun, the first year of .30 Carbine production. I am the 2nd owner of this gun; the first owner tells me that the gun has exactly 12 rounds though it - 6 rounds test fired at the factory, and 6 rounds test fired by him, and that's it. I have not fired it since I bought it. As you can see in the last pic, there's barely a line around the cylinder from the action being cocked.

When I bought it, I really didn't know much about Rugers. Three of us bought guns from the same guy, with the intention of have some custom conversions done. After I did a little research and learned a little about what I've got, I've decided I'd rather not "mess up" a gun like this; they aren't making any more of them, you know! So, I decided to sell it to someone who would appreciate it, and buy a newer gun to have the custom work done.

On to the gun: As I said, it's a 1968 3-Screw Ruger Blackhawk chambered in .30 Carbine. 7 1/2" barrel, XR3 - RED is on the grip frame. The finish on the bottom edge of the trigger guard has rubbed/chipped of a little, I hope the pictures picked it up.

I understand these guns are worth about $650, so that's what I'm asking for it. THERE IS NO BOX OR PAPERS WITH THIS GUN. I will include a gun rug with it. I MUST ship overnight, and only to an FFL. I will allow a 3-Day non-firing inspection period. You pay shipping and insurance both ways. If you shoot it, or if you bugger any screws (or anything else!), then you've bought it.

I realize I'm new here, but I've got over 2400 posts on ShotgunWorld, PistolWorld's sister site.

If you have a question I haven't answered, please post it here. If you would like to make an offer, PLEASE PM ME or email me at [email protected]. I don't like to negotiate in public.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Re: For Sale: Ruger 3-Screw .30 Carbine - Like New

Current Blue Book (31st edition) lists a 100% .30 Carbine Blackhawk at $500. I've seen a couple at gun shows with a $600 asking price, but they were still on the table at the close of the show. The 98% price is $450. Still, if somebody wants it bad enough..... there ain't a lot of them around, and even fewer that are up for sale.

The .41 Mag is a couple hundred bucks higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: For Sale: Ruger 3-Screw .30 Carbine - Like New

You may be right, I may be overpriced. I would point out that this gun is an Old Model 3-Screw and without the updates, both of which draw a premium.

Having said that, I am willing to entertain offers. If anyone would like to make one, please PM or email me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts