Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Folks:
I am new to your forum, and am impressed with it. Your forum covers most of the popular pistols of the world, but I can't believe that there is not a section devoted to the very popular,
and versatile Thompson/Center single shot Contender pistols. Is there a reason for this? :?:
Chubbo

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Hey Chubbo,
Welcome to the Pistolworld Forums. I can't believe we didn't have one, too. We do now!
Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Jay Gentry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Jay
Thanks, that sure didn't take long. This is a perfect time for me to give Thompson/Center a word of appreciation. I have been fiddiling around with my Contender pistols & rifles a lot lately.
I have four Contender frames, two fairly old, but in perfect shape , and two newer styles but still older frames. I have rifle stocks on two of the frames, and pistol handles on the other two. In messing around with the six scoped pistol bbls. and six rifle bbls. I found that some of the bbls. both rifle and pistol would not interchange with two of the frames. I called Thompson/Center and asked what I could do to the frames that would not accept some of the bbls. They said send the two older style frames to them, and take all of the old style bolts off the older bbls. and that they would fix the frames and send me the new style two piece bbl. bolts. they would have replaced all the old style bolts on the bbls. with older style one piece bolts if I would ship the bbls. to them. I didn't want to ship eight scoped bbls. and tie them up for a long time, so I opped to remove the bolts and springs, and send them in to the TC service dept. along with the two old style frames. I explaned to them that I was going to leave for Florida, for the winter, in two weeks. They said to bring the two weeks time to their service manager's attention. Well, low and behold in a week, the frames and the new bolts and springs arrived. They had replaced all the internal parts in the frames, along with the new style hammers with the better selector leaver in them. Now all the bbls. work in all the frames interchangeably. Best of all there was no charge. I think that it is amazing customer relations, in this day and age of companys that don't stand by their products, and don't care about their customers at all, to find an American company, that still cares about their costomers, even costomers that have products twenty years old. THREE CHEERS FOR tHOMPSON/CENTER !!!!!!!!!!!!! It says a lot for their well made products, even ones they no longer make.
Sorry about the long winded praise of T/C, but that is how I feel.
Chubbo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts