Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get back into hunting and need some help from folks who are shooting the Encore or G2 Contendor.

Thinking of 3 calipers I might be interested in.

30-30 - 270 - 308 . Is anyone in here shooting any of these for hunting ? If so, your imput is apriciated. good or bad.

Was actually thinking of the 44 mag too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha Man, go ahead and buy one so I will have someone to talk with. I have TC Contenders and they shoot great. I have 14 inch barrel 44 mag. and 357 Max. The 44 mag is all anyone really needs. A deer doesn't stand a chance. It really shoots good. Great target gun as well. I have been thinking of getting a new TC in 500 S&W. I will always have the 44. It is a dream, it is like I can't miss with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
RugerFanatic, I have the 10" 30-30 it is deadly accurate with 125 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips. Properly rested it is bowling pin accurate at 200 yards. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
240 Posts
RugerFanatic said:
I'm looking to get back into hunting and need some help from folks who are shooting the Encore or G2 Contendor.

Thinking of 3 calipers I might be interested in.

30-30 - 270 - 308 . Is anyone in here shooting any of these for hunting ? If so, your imput is apriciated. good or bad.

Was actually thinking of the 44 mag too.

I have a G1 Contender, I use to hunt with in in 30-06 and 7mm. I liked to hunt this way as it was like a hike. I have a shoulder rig for mine so didn't have to carry anything in my hands and it was good for about 50 yards. I haven't seen it in awhile but now going to dig it out of the safe and take it to the range. Thanks for the reminder :D You won't go wrong with a TC, I think I have six barrels for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts