PistolWorld.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start this tread by sharing a picture of my new Colt Anaconda. I've been searching for several years for a new, never been fired, Anaconda and at last I found one. Here's to the Colt double actions of yesterday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's a great looking gun!! :D Now that you have one that hasn't been fired are you going to shoot it? Or is it more of a collectors item?
Scott

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't resist. As soon as I purchased it I went straight to the gun range. It was super accurate with a really smooth trigger. I wasn't expecting the recoil though. Not too bad, but it was the first pistol that I've shot that made my wrist tingle. Maybe it was because I was holding so hard due the the exitement of finally getting one. I've shot the DE .50 and dont remember the recoil being as sharp.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good for you!! I would have shot it too!!
try some 44 special loads for target practice, or at least some 180 grain 44 mags, the 240 gr 44 mags are brutal to shoot, I could only shoot 12 to 18 of those and my wrist ached for a week!!
Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice Andaconda. I'm surprised the recoil is bothering you that much. I'm normally sensitive to it and have no problems shooting Fed 300 gr castcores through my 6". At 30 yds I can hit a paper plate 4 outa 6 times with the misses being barely. I just found a 4" which will be perfect for hiking here in AK. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The second time I shot it I noticed the kick wasn't near as bad as what I remembered. Maybe it was because I haven't shot a handgun that size with that hot of a load before and i was nervous(ya i'm not to proud to admit it). I do remember my hands sweating while I was holding it. Anyways, the second time i shot it I was outside in the desert and it seemed tamed compared to memory. I even talked my 100 lb sister-in-law to shoot it and she thought the kick wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
944 Posts
El Padrino, I've started looking for an Anaconda and I like the dimensions of yours. I was wondering if your colt has a 6 or 8 inch barrel?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll bring this one back from the dead, just because it's about those dreamy DA Colts. I wish I could afford to get a Python or similar model, but for now my Official Police with the 6" barrel will do. Haven't shot it yet, but since it doesn't have much collector's value yet, I just might have to.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wired... in the past year, I have seen the price of the Python increase by 25%. Here, you can expect to pay about $1100 for a Python in good shape. Next year??? :?

·
Registered
110 Posts
4" Python, .38, in local gunshop Saturday.... $850.00!!!
I didn't insult the dealer with an offer I could afford :D .
It was a beauty, like new condition!
///olde :) pharte///

1 - 15 of 15 Posts