PistolWorld.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a two tone HP at Gander Mtn last week that I can't stop thinking about. It has the ring style hammer, blue slide and wraparound grips. It looks like this one.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976750859.htm

Is there anything about this particular variation that sets it apart from the others? Its $599, is that a deal or just fair?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think the price is on the high side of average for these parts though guns prices do vary from place to place. I recall seeing the two tones in the $550 range +/- the last time I looked though that has been a couple months now. I've seen used blued models in the low $400s which is what I would probably get if I were looking. I don't see anything special with them, just that they are bi-tone. The Hi-Powers are a neat gun but I don't have any great attraction for them other than they are a Browning (I am a Browning nut).

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have very mixed feelings about the Hi-Power. One day I look at one and I have to have it then the next I couldn't care less. I keep coming back to it though. I'd prefer to get an older one if I could but everytime one shows up I don't have the cash. :x

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a soft spot for hi-powers.

The one you describe sounds like a tactical model.

I have one in 9mm that I like a lot.

* Tactical
* Novak custom
* Standard model 40S&W
* Old 60s vintage 9mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts