Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking for the value of a 44 Colt Navy black powder revolver. I am told it is a 1851.

serial number is B99671
Naval battle engraving stating "Engaged 13 May 1843"
On barrel "A.S.M. Black Powder Only Cal. 44 Made in Italy"

It appears to be in really good condition and can still fire.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There are a few companies in Italy that make replicas of the revolvers and rifles from the American West.

Uberti is one that comes to mind. Value will vary all over the place depending on more items than I know.

Hopefully someone will come along who has more knowledge than I.

Welcome to the forum.

ps: here is one for sale in the classified section below.

#3 Colt 1851 Navy, by FLippietta, 7 ½ octagonal barrel, .44 cal. Silver trigger guard and strap
$220.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If it was an honest-to-goodness Colt, I'd have to take out a mortgage on the house to buy it. "Made in Italy".... a couple hundred bucks is top dollar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, when it first arrived, it was in a bow which read traditional firearms and upon opening the box, i was greeted with a gun in a well cut styrofoam package wrapped in a bag of oil. The gun is very grease and needs to be wiped down when first handled. This gun requires #11 percussion caps as #10's are too small and will not fit the nipple. The loading mechanism consist of a loading lever and your hands. It is easy to disassemble but it is a very hard to get the pin out as it has a clip which locks it in and it is very tightly fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It doesn’t actually look like an 1851 model. It looks more like an 1892 model. If it is really a colt 1851 model then I guess it will cost more than what you could ever imagine. I mean these are rare pieces that people die to buy.
-------------------------------------------------
David Johnson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts