Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've inherited my father's pistol collection. He was a collector of WWI & WWII vintage pistols as well other unique pistols. One of them though is an ASP which I understand is a converted Model 39.
I believe he had his when they were first released/announced for sale or conversion. Anyone have a clue what it might be worth? It was shot only one time to my knowledge during an afternoon of shooting 22 years ago.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, I never heard of it so I went looking:

The ASP is a custom made handgun intended for covert operations. It was designed and built for the U.S. Government by Paris Theodore, owner of Seventrees, Ltd. a custom gunleather shop in New York. The gun is based on the Smith & Wesson M39 pistol. Some features that set this gun apart are clear Lexan grips allowing the owner to see how much ammo is left, rounded hammer and other parts to reduce possibility of snagging clothing when drawing, and no front sight. The gun is coated in Teflon to ease cleaning, resist corrosion, and eliminate the need for lubrication.

Used by US Secret Service

It will be interesting to read input from others!!

I would guess collectors might be willing to pay a couple of bucks for one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.