Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any information as to the value of a Rossi .38 special I purchased (new) in the late 1970s from a gun shop. On the right hand side of the pistol, it has: "MADE IN BRAZIL. THE GARCIA CORP. WASH. D.C." This information appears right above the trigger. On the same side, on the barrell, it indicates it is a ".38 SPECIAL" and also, above the grips it has (what appears to me, to be): IND BRAS." and the "ROSSI" symbol immediately below. On the left hand side, on the barrel, it has: "AMADEO ROSSI S.A." and immediately below that (I believe): "SAO LEOPOLDO R.S." On the inside of the revolver section, it has "C 607" and on the butt of the gun it has: "D319397". It's a nickel-plated gun with wood handles and has been shot probably less than a dozen times. There appear to be possibly two (2) small very faint "stress" (?) lines (the best I can explain them). Can anyone help me with a value on this revolver? :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
$200 would be a good price, those "stress lines" would be a concern for me which may make the gun unsaleable. Rossi is not noted for quality products, mediocre would be at the top end of their product line and the 70's guns were not their best efforts. Sorry if this sounds like bad news but that is the unfortunate part of inexpensive firearms and something I have been bit by many times in the past.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of - the stress lines (and unfortunately, one is kinda near the hammer). But I do appreciate the information you supplied to me and thank you so much. Have a great day (or what's left of it)!!! Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I owned a late 1970's Rossi stainless .357 magnum, bought it in the 1910's for under $200.
Very solid revolver, and pretty accurate, taught my wife to shoot using that gun, eventually traded it for something"better", now wish I had it back.
Have a gunsmithcheck the revolver for cracks, just to make sure it's OK. No one can really tell from just a description.
I'd keep it-You will probably get less than $100 for it, and if it's still usable, it's worth more sitting in a drawer just in case.

mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would appreciate any information as to the value of a Rossi .38 special I purchased (new) in the late 1970s from a gun shop. On the right hand side of the pistol, it has: "MADE IN BRAZIL. THE GARCIA CORP. WASH. D.C." This information appears right above the trigger. On the same side, on the barrell, it indicates it is a ".38 SPECIAL" and also, above the grips it has (what appears to me, to be): IND BRAS." and the "ROSSI" symbol immediately below. On the left hand side, on the barrel, it has: "AMADEO ROSSI S.A." and immediately below that (I believe): "SAO LEOPOLDO R.S." On the inside of the revolver section, it has "C 607" and on the butt of the gun it has: "D319397". It's a nickel-plated gun with wood handles and has been shot probably less than a dozen times. There appear to be possibly two (2) small very faint "stress" (?) lines (the best I can explain them). Can anyone help me with a value on this revolver? :)
I will buy it!! After my MAJOR STROKE my sister sold my Registered Rossi Revolver. She did not tell me that affte
My sister sold my Registered Rossi Revolver, she also got rid of my 2-bedroom apartment belongings and sold my car. Our estranged, felon and Domestic Violent Abusive (DVA) Dad chose homelessness and got shot and killed at .20 blood alcohol, at 58-years-old. He initiated a gun altercation, after incurring a bloody nose in a fist fight. I want to start a chapter in Salem, Oregon called: A Girl and A Gun (AG/AG). Question: Have you checked out if the Rossi Relover is REGISTERED? Perhaps, I am the RIGHTFUL OWNER!!! I HAVE ALL OF THE DOCUMENTATION THAT I AM THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF A REGISTERED ROSSI REVOLVER.How can I get my one hand that actively works on it? I need to get an adaptive gun stand. My sister relinquished my Washington State Drivers License. I had to hire a DRIVERS ED. for near $1,000.00+. I am buying a used 2016 Honda Fit LX . I EARNED & PASSED my PERMIT & had to re-take a Drivers Lesson. I got my ODL back!!! I am making a bill called: "PROM KHSSS" PASSIVE RANGE OF MOTION & Kimmi's Hypertonic Stroke Survivorship Stretching. For those individuals that have, YET, succumbed to stroke and have high, musculoskeletal tone= Hypertonic. ALL Care-Givers' (CG's MUST prioritize PROM KHSSS, as tolerated. The *VALUE ON THE ROSSI REVOLVER WOULD BECOME A TREMENDOUS "TOOL" IN MY LIVELIHOOD & HOBBIES!!! <3 <3 Please know the acronym to identify both the signs and symptoms of Stroke at Stroke.org [put in the search bar] the following:
BE FAST. I am actively in Toastmasters and I was a certified nurse assistant (CNA) and specialized in "Hospice". When the body had died. I cleansed the body for the familial relationships. I need funding to get car adaptions and my vehicle fully serviced because I have not driven it in over a few years. Because on my ODL it states: Code'J' for a Spinner~Wheel. On Amazon they have a "REV~LOVER" {I am "Queen of Puns"} CARTRIDGE. Know BE FAST. NOTE:I HAD ALL 10 FBI FINGERPRINTS Of my fingers but could not absolutely open-up my left fingers actively. I was driving my vehicle on the back roads on Lacey and Olympia on March, 14, 2014.I was 45-years-old. But, my 2014 Month of March on the 14th was "Girls' Night Out"I was not on the HWY driving to my 2-bedroom apartment...I was leaving a Singles' Calvary Chapel Bible Study, visiting for the 1st time, having a stroke, while driving home...on the back roads and I went down 13 to 10 miles per hour. I had a "Concealed Weapons' Carry Permit ".In Salem, Oregon by the State Fairgrounds has "Tri-Tac" [[phonetic misspellings] Indoor Gun Range. BTW, I never shot my Rossi Relover...but volunteered with my potential gun instructors' late horses, and alpacas as desired.His cancer is spreading into his lungs, and my late, paternal, Uncle Art Gwin and his daughter Julie, won awards and featured shooting clay pigeons, in the Eugene Register Guard, front page, when I was in grade-school. I will feel tremendously safer with my Registered Rossi Revolver and a Concealed Weapons Carry. Mary at Mary's Pistols, in Tacoma sent all hard copies for me to SHOW that I the "rightful owner of the Register Rossi Relover". i am writing a Stroke Memoir: An Eclipse of My Stroke: I Did Not Have A Stroke In "Vein". STROKE HAPPENS INSIDE OF THE ARTERIES!!! I was not found for 3&1/2 DAYS!!! The Diddly, "I'm Just A Bill...I'm Only A Bill...and I am sitting on Capital Hill...It's a long, long journey..." I gave my Bill to the up and running Governor Bud Pierce, M.D. that he will implement into law "PROM KHSSS". Because "PROM~KHSSS" is not a law my musculoskeletal has shrunk and my V'ARM has CONTRACTURE...I have 2 Certified Gun Safety and Handling courses above my Ankle,Foot Orthotic (AFO) {oxymoronic~Pun} instead, as the saying goes, "Underneath my Belt!", Mary said, "I am a STROKE~WARRIOR"!!! I am a "STROKE WARRIOROUS" {Oxymoronic~Pun}. "Shoot [an Instant Message] (IM/:cool:FB) on Facebook" {Instead of the saying that goes "Hit me up on Facebook }!!! Sincerely my heart went from GRIEVING to HOPEFUL from being 2 days passed "FREEDOM DAY" in U.S.A.

Sincerely TRUTH, HONESTY & DECLARATIONS,
Ms. Kimmi Lanee' aka Stroke~Activist

·
Registered
4 Posts
Valarie, One had stated, "MADE IN BRAZIL. THE GARCIA CORP. WASH. D.C." This information appears right above the trigger. On the same side, on the barrell, it indicates it is a ".38 SPECIAL" and also, above the grips it has (what appears to me, to be): IND BRAS." One may have mis-read "NO BRAS". Because my sister got rid of all 8 of my V.S. BRAS!!! I just don't wear any, [still] post-stroke, 8 years is my POST-STROKE "STROKE~VERSARY". A year for each V.S. Bra!!! Question: What did those last two words one had typed? Did I read that correctly,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked on another used gun sale website & the pistol you described is going for $350-400 depending on condition. Today 2.26.2022
the cracks described by the original poster are part of the frame configuration & not "stress breaks" of any kind. Smith & Wesson Revolvers have them too. Why they exist is unknown to me. I do not know what the numbers stamped inside the cylinder cavity mean however. Nor on the frame Butt) Wish I did. Best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts