Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always make it a habit to accompany my wife grocery shopping,last night even though I didn't feel well and almost didn't go I forced myself to go with her. As we left the store and were walking to our car I scanned the parking lot and noticed someone walking in between cars looking into them.I quickly scanned our car's area and told my wife to break of from me go directly to the car get in it lock it and start it.I kept pushing the basket as she cut thru cars making her fast exit and sure enough the figure saw me and started his approach, when he was about 50' away he started loudly asking for money, I replied get lost no money here,he kept on his approach to me still demanding money at 20' I stopped pushing the cart side stepped and told him do not come any closer lifting my shirt and brandishing my 1911 I said this is your last warning,he did a right turn and started walking ,as I continued pushing my cart to my car I watched as he left the parking lot, we didn't have a phone to call the police at that point.Just a reminder to those that let there wives go shopping alone and unarmed.I need to start to carry a cell phone full time with my pistol!!!Its as important as the pistol itself,,,

·
Registered
240 Posts
No offense brother but an agressive begger is no reason to show your firearm. The consealed firearm is meant to protect you and yours in a life threatening event not to scare off a begger. What would you have done if he kept coming, would you have shot him at 10' for begging? You had a grocery cart in hand to keep him from arms reach but at 20' you stepped aside the cart and showed your firearm. Was he a threat or an anoyance? I understand he was loud and wanted money in this world that happens often but most will handle it with out showing there firearm.

THE ONLY time you show your firearm is when you feel the need to draw it to defend you and yours. Anything else is macho BS that doesn't help the concealed carry cause.

Imagine a twist on your story, you come out of the store and find that you left your light on and your battery is dead. You approach a person in the parking lot and ask for a jump. They in turn show you they are packing. Same parking lot just a different set of events, what would you do?

The only threat this guy offered up was being loud and asking for money, He didn't make a threat or display a weapon of any sort. So no need to expose your firearm, it is just that simple. THE only time a consealed firearm will be seen is when it's in your hand to defend you and yours. Punking a begger with your pistol is simply wrong.

Please don't add details to the story, certian you got the event right the first time. Best to learn from this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WDBradley said:
No offense brother but an agressive begger is no reason to show your firearm. The consealed firearm is meant to protect you and yours in a life threatening event not to scare off a begger. What would you have done if he kept coming, would you have shot him at 10' for begging? You had a grocery cart in hand to keep him from arms reach but at 20' you stepped aside the cart and showed your firearm. Was he a threat or an anoyance? I understand he was loud and wanted money in this world that happens often but most will handle it with out showing there firearm.

THE ONLY time you show your firearm is when you feel the need to draw it to defend you and yours. Anything else is macho BS that doesn't help the concealed carry cause.

Imagine a twist on your story, you come out of the store and find that you left your light on and your battery is dead. You approach a person in the parking lot and ask for a jump. They in turn show you they are packing. Same parking lot just a different set of events, what would you do?

The only threat this guy offered up was being loud and asking for money, He didn't make a threat or display a weapon of any sort. So no need to expose your firearm, it is just that simple. THE only time a consealed firearm will be seen is when it's in your hand to defend you and yours. Punking a begger with your pistol is simply wrong.

Please don't add details to the story, certian you got the event right the first time. Best to learn from this.
Sorry I think I will have to side with the original poster's point. To walk up to a complete stranger, loudly demanding money is a threat. He could have a knife, gun concealed just waiting to draw if necessary. The people that put themselves in these criminal situations have to know the possible consequences. They're not that stupid. Just like people who break into houses...ur entering somebody's domain unlawfully, prolly when the homeowner is sleeping...come on now. that guy didnt ask to be in the situation with his wife. the criminal made the concious decision to engage. You dont know peoples true intentions...sounds like a ewsponsible carrier to me...

JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.