Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently aquired a Walther P38. It came with a holster, extra magazine the Interarms box. The pistol's serial number on the box matches the pistol. The pistol's serial number is 150XXX and the XXX numbers are also on the slide. The slide reads Walther in a banner, then Carl Walther Waffenfabrik ulm/Do, P38, Cal 9MM. All seems OK until I read the date of manufacture 11/61 but what's weird is that there is a german eagle under the 11/61. On the other side, the last three numbers of the serial numbers also has a german eagle under the numbers.

I'm not familiar with P38s and don't know if the german eagles were standard for this pistol. Can someone help me find out why the eagles are there??? Does it have a significant meaning???

And lastly, what would this outfit be worth??? The box corners have some wear.

Thanks for all your help,

Tony Garza
tonygrz

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Blue Book says a large number of West German Police and Army trade-ins introduced to the market have decreased the value of specimens in the 90% grade or less. With the German eagle, yours could be one of them. Regardless, the 90% grade is listed at $375, 95% at $500 and a 98% grade is $600.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't know much about Walthers, so this is just a guess..... could the eagles be proof marks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts