Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Good example of why you do not let someone get close, and certinly not within arm's reach, when holding them at gun point. Determined actions trump reaction at these distances. I could not make out what was being said nor do I know if there was any previous history between the individuals or groups but if faced with the threat of great bodily harm or death at that close of a range, I would take the same actions with hopefully better results.

·
Registered
175 Posts
UD is right on as far as I am concerned.
I do not know either of the players and do not know why the gun is pulled in the first place.
I hope I would first, get to a safe place for me, (get something between me and the gun) and then be a good witness and call the cops.
It is not my fight and I do not know any of the circumstances leading up to this, so I am NOT getting involved, beyond being a witness to what I saw happening when the cops arrive and the dust has settled.

Another example, I was recently in a bank during a hold up. No gun was actually produced and until the (pregnant) cashier fainted, no one knew it was happening. But when the alarm went off, I did not present my firearm nor do anything to cause serious trouble.
I gave a good description of the young guy who ran out of the bank and went back to work. Everyone stayed safe and they either did or will catch the BG some time in the future.

I and everyone else in the bank is still alive and well.

UF
www.caswells.com

·
Registered
240 Posts
Always best to walk away if you can and if not.....then give it everything you have, especially if the other person has a firearm.

Several years back I was in a store that was robbed the guy said he had a gun and demanded the money. She gave it to him and he ran out. I was armed and could have tried to put the bad guy down but that could have gone a few ways, I shoot the guy for stealing $87 then discovered he was or wasn't armed, he shoots the teller when he see me pull my firearm or he and I could have shot it out. A hero becomes a zero in seconds based on how things unfold and it is truly seconds when that time comes.

There may of been a history beteen the two in the clip it's hard to tell but it seems like the guy tried to walk away yet still kept engaging the guy with the gun with words. Can't hear the words so it's hard to know if he was begging off or talking smack. In the end it looks like he did what he had to, meet the force with what he had to defend himself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.