Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into a shop and range I'd never been in... finally. Fuelburns knows which one I speak of (in Royal Oak on Woodward for you SE MI shooters). To say I was disappointed is to speak kindly. :?

I was not greeted by a single one of the half dozen who stood behind counters. Their prices were at top dollar or above on everything. They don't like "old guns" so yopu won't find a Model of 1905 or the like. Their lone Python, 8" blue, was priced at $1200 and had freckling on the sideplate and scratched grips. In the end, I didn't even bother to ask about Range fees... :roll:

It was a great disappointment. :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Paul,

It is amazing how many small shops are like that, as I see my share of them. I enjoy a shop that has plenty of old guns, and an owner who is friendly & flexible. Over the last few years, I have been able to forge friendships with a few good shops, and they get my business.
I wonder how the shop you speak of survives, unless they have a small core of high-end clients that keep them going.
This year I have picked up 2 Super Blackhawks, and 2 Blackhawks from such good shops.
On a side note, I think the ATF is harrassing small shops more than ever before, as I hear the owners complaining of how hard the ATF is being on them. Several in my area have shut down because of it. They say it is not worth the hassel.
Get all you can now! Regardless of political parties, I believe buying guns will become more & more difficult as the years go by.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Paul, the range on Gratiot improved their lighting a few weeks ago when I was there. The ventilation still sucks and everything else is the same but its a step forward I guess. :roll:

I may call the Woodward range and ask about range fees sometime. I can't stand the Dequindre range (stuck up snobs and overpriced on everything) so my options are limited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts