Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a bunch of these European Police-issue Sig P6/P225s for sale everywhere which makes for some smoking prices. I like the thought of a Sig for $300, even though it is used and was a carry weapon.

My only problem is that the magazine capacity is just 8 rounds - of 9MM! Yes, I know I should be able to hit what I'm trying to kill within 8 rounds :D but if I can get a nice used 9MM from many manufacturers with 13, 15 or 17 round magazine capacities, I'd rather do that.

So, is there a P225 magazine available with a higher capacity? Or maybe a magazine from another model fits?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unfortunately, the P225 has pretty unique magazines...not sure if P220/9mm mags fit or not.

The fact that it's a single-stack is the killer...I believe all the double-stack SIGs have the same mag cut, so a 228 could take 226 mags, for instance, even if the caliber isn't the same.

Promag has 10-rounders, but I don't trust Promag...some people have no problems, a lot of people have unworkable magazines. YMMV. They're backorder-only on Midway.

Then again, it's a $300 SIG, probably just fine for hollowpoints (nice high feed angle), and modern 9 is a pretty solid stopper. A range buddy got one and said the internals were pristine - rails, barrel contact points, etc. - these guns have barely been fired. All the wear is holster. Tempting...

Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, bunnyman.

I looked at the Promag 10-rounder. $30. That's almost as high as OEM, but at least it gets me up to California's anemic maximum (I'm originally from LA, so I can say that :D ).

I'm pretty much decided that I can't pass this deal up. I'm going to get the Sig and then worry about the mag later. I'm not sure if I'll pick up the Promag. At 8 rounds I'm still 2 ahead of a revolver :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts