Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5'9, 160 lbs and currently carry a S&W Bodyguard380 in a "in the pocket" type holster. Being retired I of course live in west central Florida so my uniform of the day is a pair of cargo shorts and a tucked in tee shirt.
I would like to carry something a little more substantial, I'm thinking a compact 1911 in .45.but am open to anything,LCR ? I'm not a great fan of 9mm.
Ideally I would like to carry my 6" Python but unless I adopt my wifes pocketbook there's no way I could drag it along.
Thanks for listening
Robert J.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Robert, I carry a Kimber Pro (that is the 4" model". Weighs about 30 oz loaded.

I bought a good, thick, gun belt, and a holster made for the Kimber. I stick it at about 3:30 - slight to the rear of my right side and hide it under just about anything I happen to have on. It carries right up against my skin (or T-shirt).

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've carried a 7.5" Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull while wearing cargo shorts and a T-shirt without anyone noticing, or at least not mentioning or asking about it. The country I was in is kind of variable in its allowing handgun carry but I was not comfortable walking around unarmed and I could not bring in two handguns for various reasons so the hunting gun had to do double duty. I can't tuck the T-shirt in but as long as it is slightly baggy, the gun was hidden from view. One does need an inside the waistband holster to do this, a standard belt holster does not cut it.
In "normal" life, I carry a full sized Springfield XD-40 around with no issues. Again, an IWB holster and untucked shirt cover very well. When a T-shirt won't do (or more often I don't care for them) I wear a "fishing" shirt as they are cool, light weight, fancier looking than a t-shirt, and are easily bloused to cover any gun one could imagine. Using a tuckable holster the shirt covers very well but the gun is still easy to reach.
As long as one wears a slightly bulky shirt, an IWB holster (preferably tuckable), and uses a good stiff belt as already mentioned, one is pretty much open as to the type of gun one can carry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts