Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kahr MK40

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide :? which gun I'm going to get next for a smaller ccw than I have now. I have narrowed it down to the Kimber Ultra Carry 2 or the Kahr MK40. I like them both a lot...and need some help deciding! I will be putting CT laser grips on whichever gun when I get some extra cash.

Thank you for any and all feedback!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Kimber Ultra Carry 2 with laser grips.... It gets my vote !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Neither is "small."

"Small" is a Kel-Tec P-32. Small is a single stack in 32 ACP, .380 ACP or maybe, MAYBE 9mm.

Double stack anything is not "small."

40 Smith or 45 ACP does not come in a "small" package.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: re: What do you think?

Smoke 'Em said:
Neither is "small."

"Small" is a Kel-Tec P-32. Small is a single stack in 32 ACP, .380 ACP or maybe, MAYBE 9mm.

40 Smith or 45 ACP does not come in a "small" package.
You are totally right that neither is "small" ! I carry my S&W 642 most of the time because it is easier to conceal. I do like the Ultra carry II, however, and it will "tuck away" pretty well.
BTW....it's not a double stack.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Actually, neither, but between the two I'd get the Kahr. It will do what the Kimber will do for about half the price.

What are you carrying now?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Like others have said what are you carrying now? Neither is small but do you want small or just smaller? I carry a G23 or Beretta 92FS so when I get my Beretta Cougar it will be smaller than either of them but my Kel Tec P3AT is small for when I want to "Micro" carry.

I personally don't prefer either of your choices. Guess that is why I bought the Cougar. I do like the S&W M&P 9c though. Again not small but not a full size either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: re: What do you think?

Smoke 'Em said:
Neither is small.
Neither gun has a double stack mag. Both are single stack mags.

Go with the Kimber.. Great gun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a Kimber and loved it. It is more cash but it is yours. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to 'test drive' them at your local range? That should be the deciding factor, IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts