Pistol World Forums banner

Do you think our Federal Gun laws will change?

• Oh God Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe a Little bit

• Not Really

• Heck I think we will be less restricted!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new President coming in to power in January. What do you think will happen to our current federal gun laws and why? I have my own opinion which I will state here. I feel that when the president-elect stated change he meant it in a big way. I believe that a lot of our personal and political freedoms will change and not in a way that everyone expected. I still believe in the U.S. and it's processes however outdated it maybe. But I believe a good many people will be disappointed in the outcome of their elected official. I believe people really need to learn to research and learn about someone rather than vote because of what a candidate would say. So I believe our gun laws will change and be more restrictive than they already are and California will be leading even more in this area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think we will see any changes (drastic or otherwise) in gun laws within the first 6 months (or maybe the first year) of the new administration.

The closer it gets to the turn over in January, the more Obama will see that he has his work cut out for him in making his "Change". I think he's also just smart enough (or at least his advisers hopefully are) to realize that quick and drastic changes can easily alienate allot of the US.

I do believe will we see another Gun ban while he is in power.

You point out in your post the biggest problem with some voters, they tend to vote on what the candidate says (and or promises). One of the problems with this IMO is that most of the voters are getting their information on what a candidate says via media (tv, radio, internet, newspaper) and the media is notorious for misquoting, not providing the full story, or providing what they approve of (or what they think their readers/listeners will approve of)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts