Pistol World Forums banner

What to buy?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  UncleFudd 
#1 ·
OK guys and gals, I need your help. My birthday is coming up soon and my wife wants to buy me a new gun. :D The only problem is I can't decide what I want. I already have a Glock .40, a Springfield XD .40, and a Taurus .45. If you could buy one pistol today, what would you get?

#3 ·
You need a wheelgun.... everybody needs a wheelgun, especially a single action. Get a Ruger Single Six convertible (with the .22 Mag cylinder in addition to the .22 LR) and a wheelbarrow full of .22 ammo.

Warning !!!! Single action revolvers are highly addictive. Pretty soon, you'll "need" a .357 Mag and a .44 Mag.... and then a .45 Long Colt and a .454 Casull, and .....

#7 ·
to me its an open question with alot of answers.

are you a 40 S&W fan? if not it looks like youre on your way.

do you want a different caliber? or the 40 or 45acp?

are you open to a revolver?

i can list a shit load of guns on here but what good would it do?

have you gone and tried/shot any other guns? do you have a gun rental range to try some different guns? do you have any shooting friends that have something different you can try?

#8 ·
That is truly an easy answer.
You already have some of the finest in hand guns so now you need to get started with your rifle arsenal.
Here is my suggestion and the way I have gone in the past 10 years. I had a great assortment of rifles and shotguns to go with my handguns but I wanted a "special" frame that I could build on and have unprecedented accuracy in every caliber.

I chose the Blaser R93 LRS2 with the 223 and the 22-250 barrels. I can tell you it is without a doubt the most accurate rifles I have ever shot and it takes only about three minutes to change barrels and the bolt from one to the other.
Now I am going to get the 6.5X55 barrel and the mounts and scope for it and I have a perfect, 1,000 yard shooter that will not rip my shoulder off every time I pull the trigger.
Of course you can start with any barrel or cal. that you want, but the R93 action in whatever frame you like. I chose the LRS2 frame (Long Range Sniper) as it was the cheapest and the coolest of all the frames to mount the action and the most versatile without always worrying about barking the wood finish.

Look them up and you will see what I mean. Log on to the Blaser-pro site to ask some of the guys who have done what I have or just to ask pertinent questions.
This is the Lamborghini of rifles and once you have the large bolt such as you get with the 22-250 or any of the larger calibers, you can buy just the barrel, mounts and scope for any caliber you ever wanted to shoot up to or including the 338 Lapua.

I can change from 223 to 22-250, each has its own Leupold 8.5X28 scope already mounted. and shoot into the same hole without making a single adjustment. I just returned from SW Wy shooting prairie dogs and did not have to make a single change in my scope settings..

see what you think. What a great b day present as well. Good luck.

Unclefudd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.