Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all you hunters out there..just curious as to what type of hunting you prefer & how long you've been hunting? What is it that you enjoy about it?
I know many of you have some interesting, even funny, stories. Would like to hear those too. Thanks 8)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I hunt groundhogs like a fanatic. Otherwise, I am trying to rack up one each of all the deer species and subspecies in North America. I am not far off and it has taken 30 years, thus far. In that effort, I have also had the opportunity to take sheep and goats and imported Red and Sitka deer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
What sort of hunting do I like?

Yes.

If it has fur or feathers and is legal game, I'll go for it. From rabbits to Elk, and Timberdoodles to turkeys, and everything in between.

Once every few years, a group of us goes prairie dogging, as well.... not really "game".... more like "unwanted critters".

·
Registered
8 Posts
wwb says it pretty good

up in north minn slingshot to pellet gun in '57,- grouse, ducks, deer, with first shotgun at 13,
moved south after college for the upland hunting behind pointing dogs- every year I'd go back to hunt deer with dad and uncles- lost the thrill of rifle hunting so went to pistols and the bow

few times solo after elk- few times solo after moose, bear, and caribou in Alaska

from pellet gun, 22's, 20 guage, 357 mag pistols, bow, and ocasional big gun- pretty much hunt whatever

Brittany's since 1985- for the love of a good dog and good time afield-

can't remember a bad time I've had just getting out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.