Pistol World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could have any Glock you wanted which would it be and why?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Any of them, they are all about the same on trade in. Seriously, any Glock would be a good choice one only has to pick their caliber. For most people who are interested in one mainly as an occasional plinker and as a bedside gun I would say the Model 17 or 19 as they are the least expensive on the used market and 9mm ammo is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Rev.-

I really like the 19. It just seems the right size for me for CCW and general shooting. Others like the 26 for easier concealment, but some find the shorter grip is harder to be comfortable with without a mag extension to rest the pinkie on. I've not had any trigger time with the other models, so I can't comment on them. You may want to peruse Glocktalk.com for detailed discussions of the models, the "plastic guns" are held in pretty low regard on this board, myself excepted.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pat T said:
Hello Rev.-

I really like the 19. It just seems the right size for me for CCW and general shooting. Others like the 26 for easier concealment, but some find the shorter grip is harder to be comfortable with without a mag extension to rest the pinkie on. I've not had any trigger time with the other models, so I can't comment on them. You may want to peruse Glocktalk.com for detailed discussions of the models, the "plastic guns" are held in pretty low regard on this board, myself excepted.
I know, some like to talk Glocks down but I own various autos Colt, Sig, 2 Rugers, 3 Glocks, 08 Lugar, various S&W revolvers and even a couple of little Seacamps and the list goes on. In short I love handguns. I have shot more handguns than I have shot shotguns and rifles combined.
Folks can say what they want to. I will put my Glocks up aginst anything as far as common accuracy and unmached reliability. They are not designed for the National Match, but then again a NM 45 will not take the abuse that a Glock will take and keep on firing.
I love all my handguns, but if things go very very wrong I will be holding a Glock. :wink: :D

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
If I could have any Glock, I would go with the G18, just for giggles and grins.

In reality, I have the G26. I think it is a great CCW. I can wear it on my hip or ankle, depending on how I dress. It will accept the G19 and G17 magazines and is very accurate.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I hope my comments regarding Glock pistols are taken the right way, I do not condemn them in any way and feel they are one of the best handguns out there. My only gripes about them are ergonomic and the trigger pull, both personal opinions. I have the same ergonomic gripe regarding the Ruger 22 autos (except the 22/45), Lugers, and any revolver using Pachmyer Gripper stocks. others who are not so irrationally obsessive as I will be perfectly happy with a Glock.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I already have a Glock 19 aand 36, so I guess I'de really like having a G18. Basicly, bvecause I can't really own one in Michigan. Or so they tell me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The G18 is a fun one to shoot. I've had a few occations to put some lead down range with one. Thumbs get sore from loading those 33rnd. magazines.

They really put a smile on you face when you run +p through one....

·
Registered
178 Posts
In my opinion it would be the Glock 27. Small enough to conceal, with a high mag rate; and good knock down power. This is the gun I keep in my vehicle for self defense. To me it's a goods compromise between the 9mm and 45 (full magazine vs knock down power). Another sister mag always makes good company,

·
Registered
87 Posts

My wife purchased this Glock 21 for herself a few weeks ago. She is getting into this "black gun" thing, and this was the perfect addition to her 3 AR's. She has large hands, but small everything else, and shoots it well. I have large hands as well and find the wide grip very comfortable. It is equipped with Trijicon Night Sights and is very well constructed. This is her first Glock. Bill T.

Got to have the extra magazines to go with it!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also have a G21, very good gun. You dont see many women choose a full size combat 45 for themselves. But she couldn't have chosen a better one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your wife sounds like she's a tough woman. I've heard very few stories of a woman using a .45ACP gun for self defense.

billt said:

My wife purchased this Glock 21 for herself a few weeks ago. She is getting into this "black gun" thing, and this was the perfect addition to her 3 AR's. She has large hands, but small everything else, and shoots it well. I have large hands as well and find the wide grip very comfortable. It is equipped with Trijicon Night Sights and is very well constructed. This is her first Glock. Bill T.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Justin_Thompson said:
Your wife sounds like she's a tough woman. I've heard very few stories of a woman using a .45ACP gun for self defense.

She really isn't that tough. She just really likes guns and shooting! I feel lucky, and at the same time glad I waited and picked out a good one. (She'll be 51 this summer.) Bill T.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bill t.

wow............

yep. G 34 here.

i like the longer barrel.....

ordered a bar-sto 6 inch barrel for it too.
caint wait to try it out.

weet

1 - 20 of 39 Posts