Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying another pistol soon and have been looking at the 9mm Glock 19 and the S&W M&P semi auto Pistol.

Any opinions on which would be a better choice.

I plan to use it both for recreational shooting and general carry weapon.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Well, the Glock 17 has a proven track record all the way back to 1985 and the Glock 19 goes back to 1988.

I don't think the M&P has been in the hands of the shooting public even a year yet.

Of the two choices you listed, I would go with the Glock 19.

·
Registered
944 Posts
As far as ergonomics go I find the M&P to be superior. It doesn't have the track record yet but of the two I would go with the S&W.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So far S&W hasn't had the best record with polymer pistols. The Sigma (their first Glock copy) won all the awards when it came out, and the ergonomics were great. However, the gun was a dog.

I'd go with the proven firearm. Glock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The G19 is one of the best 9mm handguns out there. Reliable, reasonably accurate, easy to maintain. Can't go wrong with it. I've had mine for around 6 yrs now. It was my first handgun and I love it.

I used it in an action shooting match this morning at my gun club.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty much a post like above. The Glock is a proven pistol time after time. They will always fire. I honestly have never been a super big fan of Glock, but I can't deny the realiability of them. The only thing that I have against Glock is the thing that makes them so great, the polymer frame. However, I am really starting to warm up to them. I have recently fallen in love with the .357 model. Either way I think you'll be pleased with either firearm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts