Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am eather going to buy a SR9 or SP101 for conceled carry but can't make up my mind. I own several Ruger pistols now so I know they are good quality. The only ruger revolver that I did not like was a GP100 in .357 and the cylinder just seemed too loose but that may be the way they are. I like 9mm because I have a German P38 and a Berreta CX4 Storm in 9mm so I have the ammo but I am concered about the safety of a striker fired auto, all the autos I own other then my Ruger MKII have hammers. I like the small frame of the SP101 and the 3 inch in .357 magnum but I am concerned about the recoil on a powerfull round and such a short barrel. Any advice would be great?

Thanks
Joe

G

·
Hi dager,

Sorry I'm a biased wheely fan. But you can plink with 38's and for SD use 38+p's.

Then when you have the hanker'n you could fire some full house 357's.

(I just let a SP101 Bobtail w/rosewood finger groove grips get away) :cry:

Good Luck, let us know what you finally decide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have both. They are both excellent. If I had to choose right now, i'd go with the semi-auto. It also is a tad easier to carry, believe it or not. The sp101 is perfectly beautiful though. As a revolver - it takes a back seat to none.

·
Registered
149 Posts
why dont you find a gun rental range(s) and see if they have both guns. or even if you have to go to different ranges to try both?

The sp101 can be a handfull depeneding on the rounds you choose to use.

when comaping semi autos vs revolvers, its apples vs oranges.

btw, revolvers have some f/b play in the cylinders unless you they are semi custom or have been worked on by someone. So unless you know what to measure, your concerns could be unfounded where you missed out on a good revolver. when it doubt, take it to a knowledgable/trustworth smith and have him go over the gun. let him know of your concerns too so he will give it some additional attention.

striker fired weapons are just different. If you dont like it or dont feel safe with it,, dont buy it. some people want all of the safety built into the gun, but forget that the first safety is between the ears. you can try to make a gun idiot proof, but then it probably wouldnt work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.