Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking through the last four or five pages of posts on this forum, and I was surprised to see that on posts regarding CCW, or anything else where a variety of handguns were mentioned, no one mentioned any Walther gun whatsoever, pretty much.

I'm wondering why. Is there something most folks dislike about walther? Theres not even a walther forum with all the other manufacturer forums.

I always believed that a Walther PPK/S is one of the most reliable autos for CCW that existed. Am I old fashioned, or just flat out incorrect?

Curious as to peoples opinions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I owned a PP/K and found it to be a nice gun but it was heavy and I wished for either a larger round or more magazine capacity so traded it for a Beretta 84. That said, I think many feel the 380 ACP is a bit on the marginal side for a self defense cartridge and with so many 9mm Paras out there the same size or smaller, the PP/K gets pushed to the side.
The other Walther models are also good guns but there is just not as widespread of a distribution system compared to other brands so Walther again gets overlooked. Other than the Walther/S&W 99, other models are pretty scarce in many areas and pricey when found. All this combines to move Walther out of the spotlight though they are a viable choice.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The PP/K is a great carry gun. The only reason for its lack of popularity is what the others have already mentioned. For its size and weight, there are other options now available in more potent chamberings. If you are one of those nutty people who likes a light recoiling controllable handgun, then the PP/K might be a winner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts