Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup

I wanted to share with you a wonderful site I just came across teaching Krav Maga like they teach it in the Israeli Army (IDF) If you guys have seen the Discovery Channel TV Show called Fight Quest you would have seen their chief instructor Ran Nakash there featured on their Krav Maga episode. Anyways, let me know what you think. Is training via the internet something you would do?

Best

Joe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Proper and EFFECTIVE self defense training is a matter of serious regular practice - after proper instruction. Going to one of these weekend seminars or getting some ideas off of the Internet may have some positive points but being truly prepared to defend yourself isn't one of them. Remember that when/if you are attacked, your ability to defend yourself will be 100% dependant on the habits and "automatic" reactions that you can only develop from regular practice. Your conscious mind isn't going to be able to think quickly enough in an emergency (Sorry about the rant but I've been-there-done-that).

If you've no other access to self defense training then (and only then) I would say go ahead and learn what you can from the Net but then dedicate yourself to some regular serious practice. Thing to keep in mind is that, without an expert watching you, you can easily develop bad habits (or complacencies) and never be aware of them until it's too late.

Do yourself a favor and patronize your local Dojo. Any of your asian martial arts are good - some are better for some body types than others, but it's money well spent. That's my vote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts