Pistol World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an XD .45 serrvice and having second thoughts about not getting the tactical because of velocity loss in the shorter barrel. Netiher XD would be a carry gun as I think my Glock 23 is more concealable. Love th XD forty Five. For me it's for a house gun or field knock around gun. Any thoughts on tactical ors service.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if youre worried about velocity loss, why not get a rifle/carbine?

what are you shooting at that maybe < 100 fps less is going to make a dif?

youre shooting a 45 caliber bullet. some people believe you dont need anything more.

im not sure where all of this FPS/FPE is really making a dif. humans are thin skined animals and dont require alot of kill. If youre making long distance shots, then velocity and other factors will affect bullet drop and stopping factors, but the jury is still out on a good standard on "stopping power".

I guess if you like numbers and want fast, then there are other bullets that could compensate for the shorter barrel. however, you only have some much tube to work with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an XD and find it comfortable to carry in most applications and I use it when I'm about the farm. This is also the gun that stays close at hand in the home, not in the safe. I consider it quite capable for most applications but I have other handguns that go afield too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
remington
If that's the only reason for changing guns - I would not bother.

Most .45's will get the job done regardless of barrel lenght

Now if there are other reasons - go right ahead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts